This past week an illness has struck our home in Curve: "The Fever!"
It has come in and taken over our home. Eric came down with a fever on Wednesday and it has not left us.
Since Eric married a nurse, it would seem impossible to take someone to the doctor for a fever and fatigue! After much talk with co-workers and friends, we diagnosis Eric with a virus and presumed that it would take three of four days to run its course. I am all about letting your body fight off the infection!
On Thursday I came down with a fever and headache. I just knew my diagnosis was correct, since I had come down with "The Fever." After some Tylenol and some good rest, my head ache and fever where gone by Saturday morning!
Sweet Eric is still fighting "the fever" and fatigue! After a rough day on Saturday fighting fever off and on all day, I choose to take him to the walk in clinic Sunday morning. All they could tell us was you really need to have blood work drawn, which was the last thing my poor husband wants to hear.
So heres to eight o'clock in the morning, I will be calling the MD for an appointment and blood work.
My newest diagnosis for him is Mononucleosis. We will see tomorrow if I am 0 for 2.
The blessings from the fever:
1. Four days of spending twenty-four hours a day with my husband!
2. Learned about American history from watching the HBO Movies Series on John Adams.
3. Hallmark Movies
4. Reading
5. Being a Nurse to my husband, the best patient I have ever cared for while nursing!
6. A sweet mother-in-law who brings me baskets of food to eat while Eric and I are sick with delicious homemade bread.
7. Spending time with my husband and blaming everything on "the fever."
Praying the Lord will renew Eric's strength and deliver him from the fever.
No comments:
Post a Comment