Sunday, March 14, 2010

My attempt at blogging...

Who reads blogs?
What to write?
When do you start blogging?
Where to start?
Why would people be interested in my life?
How do you write?

These questions are sailing through my head, as I begin this first post.  I had intended to start a blog and keep it a secret to practice putting my thoughts and what I am learning on paper. Then when I felt I had mastered the art of writing, I would tell my friends and family about it (my sin filled-heart of pride).  As I played yesterday on the internet and started designing this blog, I had guests come to my home and I put the computer down for the day. I revealed my secret blog to my husband and asked him to help me find a way for it to be "invitation only." When I picked up the computer today I was finishing up writing the "About" and I looked down and it said I had a follower. My eldest sister, Courtney, was already following my blog.  Immediately, I phoned Courtney and asked how in the world she had found my blog....so, oh well for the secret.  Everyone will have to endure my poor writing skills and rambling.
I had many diaries in my time as a middle schooler, prayer journals through high school and college; yet, was never very consistent with either. Now, the time has come for a shot at blogging.

What I want this blog to be...

A journal of the journey of the Christian life, that all Glory, Honor, and Praise be to Him.  I pray that I will be stretched and grown as I put what Christ is teaching me into words on a page and that the reader would receive edification from the Lord as they read this blog.

I pray that the gospel will be clearly seen as I share about our life: through our marriage, our ministry here at Curve, and our daily life.

I leave you all with this first blog post on the Lord's Day, as we leave every Sunday at Curve Baptist Church:

"Now, may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all!"
 II Corinthian 13:14

Candace

2 comments:

  1. Yay you posted! I'm so excited. Let's see some pictures of Curve in spring. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOUND IT TOO!!! You can hide nothing from me nutkin! Im sure i read those diaries, i can pick any anne frank diary lock there is! You helped me write papers for Ms. Stephens class you will master the blog! Your husband is a pro, maybe you too will be selected for top blogger of the month! LOVE YOU, call me this week!

    ReplyDelete