Friday, October 15, 2010

It's FALL in Curve...

I love this time of year when the leaves are changing, the hot weather is gone a light jacket is always needed. I am memorized by the orange, golden yellow, deep red, passing away of green, and purple colors of fall!

My house beings looking at it best in the fall and peaks if a few months at Christmas or at least I seem to think so.... I love decorating for fall and have to hold on tight to that debt card because I could go to town in Hobby Lobby and at all the fall craft festivals.

My favorite things about Fall or Autumn (as my sister loves to call it, since it is her namesake):

1. Raisin Bran Muffins: a must have fall breakfast treat. My mom made them for me every fall. I love them hot out of the oven with spread (fake) butter and a big glass of ice cold milk. It does not get much better than this.

Photo curtsey of Betty Crocker.com

2. Decorating for Fall: pumpkins, funny shaped gourds, fall leaves, mums, acorns, mulling spice candles, fall wreaths, my little fall turkeys, and so on. Fall decorations make your home so warm and cosy. It makes you want to curl up with a blanket and book and enjoy the crisp air flowing in the window.


3. College Football: I know I am girl why do I get so excited about this..... give me a break I grew up in a house of all girls and my dad had to have someone to watch football with. Plus we grew to love it because Dad controlled the remote.  So now I could sit down on Saturday morning at ten and watch the pre-game show and watch till ten that night.


4. Apple Fest at Walmart: It is the time of year apples go on sale. I love apple's dipped in homemade carmel dip and a new found treat vanilla yogurt. I discovered last year I loved making apple pie. Eric's mom makes this incredible apple crisp after several failed attempts I discovered apple pie's are easier for me to create. One sweet lady in my church makes this delicious apple cake; it is fantastic.

5. Fall Cleaning: I know you are thinking you love to clean. I do enjoy cleaning when I am off from work because I love seeing something go from dirty to clean, it is such a great accomplishment. I am task driven as you can see. The best part about cleaning in the fall is being about to throw the windows open to air out your home on a beautiful fall day, it makes your home feel so fresh.

6. The Fall count down: now that Coleman is on his way the cool fall temperatures where a brisk reminder that he will be here so soon. It has been fun getting his room ready this fall and I hope to have everything done by the first week of December. So that means fall is the time of preparation around the house for Coleman's arrival.

Eric and I were commenting last week on how the cool morning air that wakes you up in fall is so refreshing and that only a caring God would provide us with changes in season. Our Great Creator God knew that we needed four seasons each with its own joy to remind us He is sovereign and in control and that He wants us to be renewed each morning with His new mercies.

I have these great pictures of all my fall decor but my computer will not let me upload them it repeatedly says server rejected. I will keep working on it...but for now here is this post! Any help would be appreciated...

3 comments:

  1. I love fall too! I love mulling spiced apple cider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some of those Bran MUFFINS!!!! yumm yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this to mom...she just wants Coleman!

    ReplyDelete