Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eleven weeks and counting...

I know that it has been awhile...it has been busy here in Curve! 


We are on the eleventh week count down until Coleman's arrival. 
(I would love to be able to update weekly until his arrival but I am not making any promises.)


As I begin to count the weeks until Coleman's arrival I have no idea how I am going to be able to get everything together before he arrives. It can be overwhelming to think of all things which need to be complete before his arrival; the list goes on: paint, wall decorations, window treatments in his room, clean out the dresser in his room, wash all his linens and a few clothes, diapers (cloth or disposable or both), make sure all the baby essentials are available, thank you notes, childbirth education classes, breast feeding classes, etc.


The last two weeks were quite productive. My wonderful husband has been so helpful in getting the house ready for Coleman's arrival. As I am getting bigger and bigger my limitations are becoming more and more, therefore Eric has been doing the work of two people on most of these jobs.


Week eleven crossing task off our list:
1. Closets cleaned out and organized
2. Baby furniture assembled and room rearranged
3. Coleman's room painted.
4. Crib bedding purchased and delivered


Eric did a wonderful job painting Coleman's room while MiMi and I went to the Reelfoot Arts and Crafts festival last weekend.  It looks great. Eric is an excellent painter and I had no clue, I plan on using this talent of his again soon. I must commend my wonderful husband for putting all the baby furniture together and putting a new ceiling fan up in Coleman's room! He is the best husband! 


Here are a few pictures of the baby bedding: 








I can only praise the Lord for what a wonderful pregnancy I have had thus far with no sickness and minimal discomforts. All this to say that I am beginning to understand why women say just wait until the third trimester. Now that I have entered the final leg of the race, I am understanding some of the discomforts of the third trimester. Even though my lifestyle is changing in that little task are becoming more difficult, I love being pregnant. Coleman is kicking all the time some sweet tender kicks and others quite hard. I love feeling him move around because it helps me know that he is growing big and developing properly.


Coleman is about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds this week and the length of an eggplant. Pregnancy has been a faith builder because I am helpless in forming my child only the Lord can create such an intricate organ system and detailed skeleton. I rest assure in God's promise that He will create Coleman in His image. I praise God for He is the Creator.


For my sister's enjoyment a few pictures of my no longer bump but watermelon... yes I still have 12 weeks left...






The picture on the Left is at 28 weeks and the one on the Right 24 weeks. You can know see how fast I am growing. At 24 weeks we were able to see Coleman kick by just watching my baby bump. Now, we can watch him flip and kick and move all over.



2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait for my coleman to be here! Aunt Bara loves him so much already! Loved the update! Maybe I can come visit soon and help you with your todo list and wall decorations! love you

    ReplyDelete